This is a great game if you are going out on the course on your own for a few holes and it will definitely test your game to the limits.
It is worst ball scramble. You hit two shots, then select the worst shot between them and hit the next two shots from that location, then continue hitting from the worst ball until the ball is holed out. This game is very difficult, which also makes it fantastic practice for your game and your mind.
The benefits for this game are outlined below.
- Worst ball scramble forces you to focus and concentrate on hitting two good shots every time, because you will be playing your next shot from the worst of the two
- Worst ball will test your patience and mental fortitude. Nothing is more frustrating than hitting a shot close to the hole knowing it won’t count because you missed the green with your second shot.
- In order to hole out and move to the next hole, you must make two putts in a row, since the worst shot on the green would be a missed putt.
- You’ll find that your thought process on the course becomes much more conservative. You’ll be much more inclined to hit something other than a driver off the tee in order to stay in play, and you will tend to aim your approach shots towards the middle of the green with greater frequency.
- Playing worst ball will immediately identify the weakest areas of your game.
I used to play this game a lot and managed to shoot under par quite a few times. It definitely breeds confidence when you start shooting good scores. To add a little extra toughness try using 3 balls on the par 3’s, that will really test your patience.